Rhodes tells Umar Akmal to follow doctor’s advice
Karachi: Former South African batsman Jonty Rhodes has assured Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal that his `mysterious illness` will not threaten his career, although he advised Akmal to be patient and follow the doctor`s advice to overcome his the problem.
According to The Dawn, Akmal was recently diagnosed with a seizure condition, which is co-related with epilepsy, a disease that also affected former Test players like the late Tony Greig and Rhodes.
Stating that Akmal is a good batsman and can play for many years to come, Rhodes said that this disease is curable if proper dosage of medicine is maintained, and advised Akmal to look after himself at this stage to prolong his career.
According to Rhodes, he too had a very mild form of epilepsy for which the treatment was also of a short duration, which never threatened his career, adding that to overcome his present condition, Akmal needs to strictly follow the medications prescribed by his doctor.
Meanwhile, the report said that Akmal is being treated by a renowned neuro-physician at Lahore, with a PCB official stating that although the `seizure` attack is confirmed, the issue is not serious, adding that it may have happened due to stress, lack of sleep or over-playing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!