Rhodes tells Umar Akmal to follow doctor’s advice
Karachi: Former South African batsman Jonty Rhodes has assured Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal that his `mysterious illness` will not threaten his career, although he advised Akmal to be patient and follow the doctor`s advice to overcome his the problem.
According to The Dawn, Akmal was recently diagnosed with a seizure condition, which is co-related with epilepsy, a disease that also affected former Test players like the late Tony Greig and Rhodes.
Stating that Akmal is a good batsman and can play for many years to come, Rhodes said that this disease is curable if proper dosage of medicine is maintained, and advised Akmal to look after himself at this stage to prolong his career.
According to Rhodes, he too had a very mild form of epilepsy for which the treatment was also of a short duration, which never threatened his career, adding that to overcome his present condition, Akmal needs to strictly follow the medications prescribed by his doctor.
Meanwhile, the report said that Akmal is being treated by a renowned neuro-physician at Lahore, with a PCB official stating that although the `seizure` attack is confirmed, the issue is not serious, adding that it may have happened due to stress, lack of sleep or over-playing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you