Rhodes tells Umar Akmal to follow doctor’s advice
Karachi: Former South African batsman Jonty Rhodes has assured Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal that his `mysterious illness` will not threaten his career, although he advised Akmal to be patient and follow the doctor`s advice to overcome his the problem.
According to The Dawn, Akmal was recently diagnosed with a seizure condition, which is co-related with epilepsy, a disease that also affected former Test players like the late Tony Greig and Rhodes.
Stating that Akmal is a good batsman and can play for many years to come, Rhodes said that this disease is curable if proper dosage of medicine is maintained, and advised Akmal to look after himself at this stage to prolong his career.
According to Rhodes, he too had a very mild form of epilepsy for which the treatment was also of a short duration, which never threatened his career, adding that to overcome his present condition, Akmal needs to strictly follow the medications prescribed by his doctor.
Meanwhile, the report said that Akmal is being treated by a renowned neuro-physician at Lahore, with a PCB official stating that although the `seizure` attack is confirmed, the issue is not serious, adding that it may have happened due to stress, lack of sleep or over-playing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery