Rhodes tells Umar Akmal to follow doctor’s advice
Karachi: Former South African batsman Jonty Rhodes has assured Pakistan batsman Umar Akmal that his `mysterious illness` will not threaten his career, although he advised Akmal to be patient and follow the doctor`s advice to overcome his the problem.
According to The Dawn, Akmal was recently diagnosed with a seizure condition, which is co-related with epilepsy, a disease that also affected former Test players like the late Tony Greig and Rhodes.
Stating that Akmal is a good batsman and can play for many years to come, Rhodes said that this disease is curable if proper dosage of medicine is maintained, and advised Akmal to look after himself at this stage to prolong his career.
According to Rhodes, he too had a very mild form of epilepsy for which the treatment was also of a short duration, which never threatened his career, adding that to overcome his present condition, Akmal needs to strictly follow the medications prescribed by his doctor.
Meanwhile, the report said that Akmal is being treated by a renowned neuro-physician at Lahore, with a PCB official stating that although the `seizure` attack is confirmed, the issue is not serious, adding that it may have happened due to stress, lack of sleep or over-playing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy