Richard Madley to conduct IPL 2014 auction
New Delhi: The upcoming players` auction of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will be conducted by Richard Madley, a professional auctioneer from England, BCCI announced today.
Madley has conducted each of the previous auctions of the popular Twenty20 cricket league.
The 2014 IPL Player Auction is scheduled to be held on February 12-13 at the Mysore Hall, ITC Gardenia in Bangalore.
The proceedings will begin at 9:30 am and telecast live.
"It will be fascinating to see each team pit its plans and tactics against the other seven, in what promises to be an eventful auction. We have no doubt that the Player Auction will be as exciting and memorable as the seventh season of the IPL," Ranjib Biswal, Chairman, IPL, was quoted as saying in a press release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa