Richards says Windies can ‘walk tall again’ following T20 WC win
London: Legendary West Indies batsman Sir Vivian Richards has said the Caribbean can witness a return of their glory days under the able leadership of Darren Sammy after their monumental Twenty20 World Cup win in Sri Lanka.
Richards is delighted by the World Twenty20 triumph earlier this month and believes cricketing confidence in the region has received a well-timed and richly deserved boost.
“Winning a tournament of that nature will ignite the spirit again — and winning in cricket is what it is all about,” the Sun quoted Richards, as saying.
“The younger generation in the Caribbean love the Twenty20 format and will be inspired,’ he added.
“West Indies cricket is on the road back — winning should create the confidence that you need in other formats of the game. We can walk tall again,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145