Ricky Bhui replaces overaged Viradia in under-19 squad
Mumbai: Andhra batsman Ricky Bhui has been named as the replacement for Gujarat`s Karan Viradia in the Indian under-19 squad for the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.
"Viradia has become ineligible as per the age he has mentioned on his passport which differs with the age provided to us. He is overage," said a Cricket Board source on the need for the replacement.
Bhui, who had already been named in the squad for the limited overs part of the tour, has now found a place for the earlier part of the tour also.
The Indian team, led by Maharashtra`s Vijay Zol, will play two four-day games at Dumbulla and Kurunegala between July 23 and August 1. These will be followed by three one-day matches from August 4-8 alternatively at these venues.
The team will depart for Sri Lanka tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick