Ricky Bhui replaces overaged Viradia in under-19 squad
Mumbai: Andhra batsman Ricky Bhui has been named as the replacement for Gujarat`s Karan Viradia in the Indian under-19 squad for the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.
"Viradia has become ineligible as per the age he has mentioned on his passport which differs with the age provided to us. He is overage," said a Cricket Board source on the need for the replacement.
Bhui, who had already been named in the squad for the limited overs part of the tour, has now found a place for the earlier part of the tour also.
The Indian team, led by Maharashtra`s Vijay Zol, will play two four-day games at Dumbulla and Kurunegala between July 23 and August 1. These will be followed by three one-day matches from August 4-8 alternatively at these venues.
The team will depart for Sri Lanka tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port