Ricky Bhui replaces overaged Viradia in under-19 squad
Mumbai: Andhra batsman Ricky Bhui has been named as the replacement for Gujarat`s Karan Viradia in the Indian under-19 squad for the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.
"Viradia has become ineligible as per the age he has mentioned on his passport which differs with the age provided to us. He is overage," said a Cricket Board source on the need for the replacement.
Bhui, who had already been named in the squad for the limited overs part of the tour, has now found a place for the earlier part of the tour also.
The Indian team, led by Maharashtra`s Vijay Zol, will play two four-day games at Dumbulla and Kurunegala between July 23 and August 1. These will be followed by three one-day matches from August 4-8 alternatively at these venues.
The team will depart for Sri Lanka tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi