Ricky Ponting believes Ed Cowan has potential for long Test career
Sydney: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes opening batsman Ed Cowan can be a long term prospect for Australian cricket, after the pair hit centuries for Tasmania.
Test opener Cowan`s superb summer continued with his knock of 143, while Ponting`s impressive renaissance shows no sign of slowing. He hit 111 as the pair shared a 205-run partnership for the third wicket.
"He`s as good as anyone in the country I think," Ponting said after Cowan`s third Shield ton of the season," a daily quoted Ponting, as saying.
"If you look at his record here, and he`s got to bat on wickets that have done a lot and do a lot right through the game ... that`s quality batting. He keeps playing the way he is, he`ll find himself playing a lot of Test cricket," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Australia coach Darren Lehmann backs Steve Smith's Sri Lanka series opt out
- Indonesia steps up fire response as haze blankets Singapore
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting Sasikala Pushpa
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali