Ricky Ponting believes Ed Cowan has potential for long Test career
Sydney: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes opening batsman Ed Cowan can be a long term prospect for Australian cricket, after the pair hit centuries for Tasmania.
Test opener Cowan`s superb summer continued with his knock of 143, while Ponting`s impressive renaissance shows no sign of slowing. He hit 111 as the pair shared a 205-run partnership for the third wicket.
"He`s as good as anyone in the country I think," Ponting said after Cowan`s third Shield ton of the season," a daily quoted Ponting, as saying.
"If you look at his record here, and he`s got to bat on wickets that have done a lot and do a lot right through the game ... that`s quality batting. He keeps playing the way he is, he`ll find himself playing a lot of Test cricket," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah