Ricky Ponting believes Ed Cowan has potential for long Test career
Sydney: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting believes opening batsman Ed Cowan can be a long term prospect for Australian cricket, after the pair hit centuries for Tasmania.
Test opener Cowan`s superb summer continued with his knock of 143, while Ponting`s impressive renaissance shows no sign of slowing. He hit 111 as the pair shared a 205-run partnership for the third wicket.
"He`s as good as anyone in the country I think," Ponting said after Cowan`s third Shield ton of the season," a daily quoted Ponting, as saying.
"If you look at his record here, and he`s got to bat on wickets that have done a lot and do a lot right through the game ... that`s quality batting. He keeps playing the way he is, he`ll find himself playing a lot of Test cricket," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill