Ricky Ponting fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Perth: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has been fined for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour during the RYOBI One-Day Cup match between Tasmania and Western Australia at the WACA Ground.
Ponting was reported for breaching Rule 1.1 ? Abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings, a Cricket Australia (CA) media release said.
The incident occurred after Ponting was given run out during Tasmania`s batting innings yesterday. As he was leaving the field of play, Ponting threw his bat into the air and it landed a couple of metres in front of him.
Although it was Ponting`s first offence in the last 18 months, given the nature of the incident CA objected to the prescribed penalty of an official reprimand for a first time offender of the Code of Behaviour and requested the charge be heard in front of a CA Code of Behaviour Commissioner.
The hearing occurred here this afternoon in front of Commissioner Rob O`Connor. Ponting pleaded guilty to the charge and was fined USD 250.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote
- Jose Mourinho's appointment as Manchester United coach is a great move, he knows how to win titles: David Beckham