Ricky Ponting fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Perth: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has been fined for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour during the RYOBI One-Day Cup match between Tasmania and Western Australia at the WACA Ground.
Ponting was reported for breaching Rule 1.1 ? Abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings, a Cricket Australia (CA) media release said.
The incident occurred after Ponting was given run out during Tasmania`s batting innings yesterday. As he was leaving the field of play, Ponting threw his bat into the air and it landed a couple of metres in front of him.
Although it was Ponting`s first offence in the last 18 months, given the nature of the incident CA objected to the prescribed penalty of an official reprimand for a first time offender of the Code of Behaviour and requested the charge be heard in front of a CA Code of Behaviour Commissioner.
The hearing occurred here this afternoon in front of Commissioner Rob O`Connor. Ponting pleaded guilty to the charge and was fined USD 250.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you