Ricky Ponting fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Perth: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has been fined for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour during the RYOBI One-Day Cup match between Tasmania and Western Australia at the WACA Ground.
Ponting was reported for breaching Rule 1.1 ? Abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings, a Cricket Australia (CA) media release said.
The incident occurred after Ponting was given run out during Tasmania`s batting innings yesterday. As he was leaving the field of play, Ponting threw his bat into the air and it landed a couple of metres in front of him.
Although it was Ponting`s first offence in the last 18 months, given the nature of the incident CA objected to the prescribed penalty of an official reprimand for a first time offender of the Code of Behaviour and requested the charge be heard in front of a CA Code of Behaviour Commissioner.
The hearing occurred here this afternoon in front of Commissioner Rob O`Connor. Ponting pleaded guilty to the charge and was fined USD 250.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award