Ricky Ponting fined for Code of Behaviour breach
Perth: Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting has been fined for breaching the CA Code of Behaviour during the RYOBI One-Day Cup match between Tasmania and Western Australia at the WACA Ground.
Ponting was reported for breaching Rule 1.1 ? Abuse cricket equipment or clothing, ground equipment or fixtures and fittings, a Cricket Australia (CA) media release said.
The incident occurred after Ponting was given run out during Tasmania`s batting innings yesterday. As he was leaving the field of play, Ponting threw his bat into the air and it landed a couple of metres in front of him.
Although it was Ponting`s first offence in the last 18 months, given the nature of the incident CA objected to the prescribed penalty of an official reprimand for a first time offender of the Code of Behaviour and requested the charge be heard in front of a CA Code of Behaviour Commissioner.
The hearing occurred here this afternoon in front of Commissioner Rob O`Connor. Ponting pleaded guilty to the charge and was fined USD 250.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach