Ricky Ponting's Test career ends with eight runs in final innings
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Ricky Ponting walked into the cricketing sunset after his final innings came to an end at international level in the third and final Test at Perth against Australia on Monday.
Read our tribute to Punter: A MAN WHO FIDDLED WITH PRESSURE, WITH PLEASURE
Check out our: Pic Gallery »
In his final innings, Punter came in to bat at no. 4 after Shane Watson’s dismissal. He began positively and delighted everyone with his trademark pull off Morne Morkel for a four to get off the mark. He scored his second boundary off Dale Steyn with a drive past mid-on fielder.
He failed to add another run to his total as he was caught at slips by Jacques Kallis off Robin Peterson.
Ponting’s career comes to an end with 13,378 Test runs at 51.85, including 41 centuries. He shares the record for Test appearances for his country with his predecessor as captain, Steve Waugh.
Ponting is behind only India`s Sachin Tendulkar on the all-time list of leading Test run scorers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city