Ricky Ponting's Test career ends with eight runs in final innings
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Ricky Ponting walked into the cricketing sunset after his final innings came to an end at international level in the third and final Test at Perth against Australia on Monday.
Read our tribute to Punter: A MAN WHO FIDDLED WITH PRESSURE, WITH PLEASURE
Check out our: Pic Gallery »
In his final innings, Punter came in to bat at no. 4 after Shane Watson’s dismissal. He began positively and delighted everyone with his trademark pull off Morne Morkel for a four to get off the mark. He scored his second boundary off Dale Steyn with a drive past mid-on fielder.
He failed to add another run to his total as he was caught at slips by Jacques Kallis off Robin Peterson.
Ponting’s career comes to an end with 13,378 Test runs at 51.85, including 41 centuries. He shares the record for Test appearances for his country with his predecessor as captain, Steve Waugh.
Ponting is behind only India`s Sachin Tendulkar on the all-time list of leading Test run scorers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out