Ricky Ponting's Test career ends with eight runs in final innings
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Ricky Ponting walked into the cricketing sunset after his final innings came to an end at international level in the third and final Test at Perth against Australia on Monday.
Read our tribute to Punter: A MAN WHO FIDDLED WITH PRESSURE, WITH PLEASURE
Check out our: Pic Gallery »
In his final innings, Punter came in to bat at no. 4 after Shane Watson’s dismissal. He began positively and delighted everyone with his trademark pull off Morne Morkel for a four to get off the mark. He scored his second boundary off Dale Steyn with a drive past mid-on fielder.
He failed to add another run to his total as he was caught at slips by Jacques Kallis off Robin Peterson.
Ponting’s career comes to an end with 13,378 Test runs at 51.85, including 41 centuries. He shares the record for Test appearances for his country with his predecessor as captain, Steve Waugh.
Ponting is behind only India`s Sachin Tendulkar on the all-time list of leading Test run scorers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured