Ridiculous to hear you are old, slow after a weak game: Kallis
Cape Town: Having recorded a career-best 224, South Africa all-rounder Jacques Kallis blasted the media, stating that only newspapers believed that he was too old and slow to have a place in the national cricket team.
Just two days before hitting his double century against Sri Lanka in the third Test match at Cape Town, Kallis was being lambasted in the media for his pair in the second Test, which the Proteas lost by 208 runs.
"Fortunately I do not read newspapers, but a few of my pals have told me what they were writing about me," Kallis was quoted as saying.
"It`s ridiculous to hear that after just one weak match you are suddenly too old and slow and that your eyes are not as good as they used to be," he added.
Kallis said he hoped that his double century in his 150th Test would prove that there was nothing wrong with his eyes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why