Ridiculous to hear you are old, slow after a weak game: Kallis
Cape Town: Having recorded a career-best 224, South Africa all-rounder Jacques Kallis blasted the media, stating that only newspapers believed that he was too old and slow to have a place in the national cricket team.
Just two days before hitting his double century against Sri Lanka in the third Test match at Cape Town, Kallis was being lambasted in the media for his pair in the second Test, which the Proteas lost by 208 runs.
"Fortunately I do not read newspapers, but a few of my pals have told me what they were writing about me," Kallis was quoted as saying.
"It`s ridiculous to hear that after just one weak match you are suddenly too old and slow and that your eyes are not as good as they used to be," he added.
Kallis said he hoped that his double century in his 150th Test would prove that there was nothing wrong with his eyes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised