Rising pacer Mohammad Talha eyeing recall to Pakistan team
Islamabad: Pakistan pace bowler Mohammad Talha has said that he takes pleasure in bowling on dead wickets and is hoping for an international recall soon.
According to the Dawn, Talha has been regularly bracketed with some of the rising young pacers in the country and experts acknowledge that as far as the speed gun is concerned, the Faisalabad-born fast man is a few clicks ahead of the lot.
Talha remains optimistic and says his domestic performances will eventually pique the interest of the national selectors, according to the report.
The bowler was a member of the side that played against England in a three-day warm-up game in the UAE, in the lead-up to the Pakistan-England Test series early last year.
His notable performance for the PCB XI side in that tour match against England had come after a largely inconspicuous Test debut in 2009 against Sri Lanka in Lahore, which was unfortunately cut short after the terrorist attack on Sri Lanka`s team bus, the report mentioned.
Former stars Rashid Latif, Aaqib Javed, Ijaz Ahmed and Shahid Nazir have all been instrumental in Talha`s progression, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love