Rixon lined-up to replace Nielsen as Australian cricket coach
Auckland: Former New Zealand coach Steve Rixon is reportedly being considered as the leading contender to replace Tim Nielsen as the new Australian cricket coach.
According to the reports, Cricket Australia (CA) general manager Michael Brown has contacted Rixon for the role.
Nielsen is unlikely to be reappointed after being told to re-apply for the role following the recommendations made by the ‘Argus Review’.
Rixon, who is the fielding coach of the Australian team, however refused to talk about the speculations until Nielsen resigns later this year.
“They first talked to me about the fielding coaching job back in May, but I’ve put on hold any further talks of taking over from Tim Nielsen until his position is resolved after the tour of South Africa in November,” Rixon said.
Other candidates likely to be interviewed for the job are former Sri Lanka coach Tom Moody and former South Africa coach Mickey Arthur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SAD moves privilege motion against Jairam, Renuka
- Salman Khan acquitted in two black buck poaching cases: Today is a big day for us, tweets sister Arpita
- RBI imposes Rs 5 cróre penalty on Bank of Baroda
- Turkey issues warrants for 42 journalists after coup: TV
- How Africans collaborate with wild birds to get honey