Rixon lined-up to replace Nielsen as Australian cricket coach
Auckland: Former New Zealand coach Steve Rixon is reportedly being considered as the leading contender to replace Tim Nielsen as the new Australian cricket coach.
According to the reports, Cricket Australia (CA) general manager Michael Brown has contacted Rixon for the role.
Nielsen is unlikely to be reappointed after being told to re-apply for the role following the recommendations made by the ‘Argus Review’.
Rixon, who is the fielding coach of the Australian team, however refused to talk about the speculations until Nielsen resigns later this year.
“They first talked to me about the fielding coaching job back in May, but I’ve put on hold any further talks of taking over from Tim Nielsen until his position is resolved after the tour of South Africa in November,” Rixon said.
Other candidates likely to be interviewed for the job are former Sri Lanka coach Tom Moody and former South Africa coach Mickey Arthur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal