Rixon lined-up to replace Nielsen as Australian cricket coach
Auckland: Former New Zealand coach Steve Rixon is reportedly being considered as the leading contender to replace Tim Nielsen as the new Australian cricket coach.
According to the reports, Cricket Australia (CA) general manager Michael Brown has contacted Rixon for the role.
Nielsen is unlikely to be reappointed after being told to re-apply for the role following the recommendations made by the ‘Argus Review’.
Rixon, who is the fielding coach of the Australian team, however refused to talk about the speculations until Nielsen resigns later this year.
“They first talked to me about the fielding coaching job back in May, but I’ve put on hold any further talks of taking over from Tim Nielsen until his position is resolved after the tour of South Africa in November,” Rixon said.
Other candidates likely to be interviewed for the job are former Sri Lanka coach Tom Moody and former South Africa coach Mickey Arthur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi