Roach eyeing Windies T20 return with impressive BBL stint
Sydney: West Indies fast bowler Kemar Roach has said he wants to impress the national selectors so that they pick him in the Twenty20 side by playing well in the Big Bash League, as he makes his debut for the Brisbane Heat on Tuesday.
For his entire rip-roaring fast bowling talents, the 24-year-old has only played one T20 international in the past two-and-a-half years and that was a modest match in Bangladesh. Roach is laid-back off the field but has vowed to make the speed gun soar against the Perth Scorchers at the Gabba on Tuesday, in the start of a mission to make West Indies selectors take notice of his T20 ability.
“I haven``t been picked for Twenty20 cricket for the West Indies for a while - I am raring to get back into that T20 side and hopefully that road starts here,” News.com.au quoted Roach, as saying. “I want to put in a good performance in this (Big Bash) tournament,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!