Roach eyeing Windies T20 return with impressive BBL stint
Sydney: West Indies fast bowler Kemar Roach has said he wants to impress the national selectors so that they pick him in the Twenty20 side by playing well in the Big Bash League, as he makes his debut for the Brisbane Heat on Tuesday.
For his entire rip-roaring fast bowling talents, the 24-year-old has only played one T20 international in the past two-and-a-half years and that was a modest match in Bangladesh. Roach is laid-back off the field but has vowed to make the speed gun soar against the Perth Scorchers at the Gabba on Tuesday, in the start of a mission to make West Indies selectors take notice of his T20 ability.
“I haven``t been picked for Twenty20 cricket for the West Indies for a while - I am raring to get back into that T20 side and hopefully that road starts here,” News.com.au quoted Roach, as saying. “I want to put in a good performance in this (Big Bash) tournament,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars