Roach eyeing Windies T20 return with impressive BBL stint
Sydney: West Indies fast bowler Kemar Roach has said he wants to impress the national selectors so that they pick him in the Twenty20 side by playing well in the Big Bash League, as he makes his debut for the Brisbane Heat on Tuesday.
For his entire rip-roaring fast bowling talents, the 24-year-old has only played one T20 international in the past two-and-a-half years and that was a modest match in Bangladesh. Roach is laid-back off the field but has vowed to make the speed gun soar against the Perth Scorchers at the Gabba on Tuesday, in the start of a mission to make West Indies selectors take notice of his T20 ability.
“I haven``t been picked for Twenty20 cricket for the West Indies for a while - I am raring to get back into that T20 side and hopefully that road starts here,” News.com.au quoted Roach, as saying. “I want to put in a good performance in this (Big Bash) tournament,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis