Rohit Sharma fined for slow over-rate
Kolkata: Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharmna was fined USD 20,000 for his team`s slow over-rate during the IPL final against Chennai Super Kings here.
"Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has been fined after the team maintained a slow over rate during last evening’s Pepsi IPL Final against Chennai Super Kings in Kolkata," the IPL said in a statement.
Mumbai won the match by 23 runs last night at the Eden Gardens to lift their maiden IPL trophy.
"At the end of the match, Mumbai Indians were assessed to be three overs behind the required rate after allowances were taken into consideration," the IPL stated.
Since it was his first offence of the season under the IPL`s Code of Conduct relating to minimum over-rate offences, Sharma was fined USD 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda