Rohit Sharma fined for slow over-rate
Kolkata: Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharmna was fined USD 20,000 for his team`s slow over-rate during the IPL final against Chennai Super Kings here.
"Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has been fined after the team maintained a slow over rate during last evening’s Pepsi IPL Final against Chennai Super Kings in Kolkata," the IPL said in a statement.
Mumbai won the match by 23 runs last night at the Eden Gardens to lift their maiden IPL trophy.
"At the end of the match, Mumbai Indians were assessed to be three overs behind the required rate after allowances were taken into consideration," the IPL stated.
Since it was his first offence of the season under the IPL`s Code of Conduct relating to minimum over-rate offences, Sharma was fined USD 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach