Rohit Sharma fined for slow over-rate
Kolkata: Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharmna was fined USD 20,000 for his team`s slow over-rate during the IPL final against Chennai Super Kings here.
"Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has been fined after the team maintained a slow over rate during last evening’s Pepsi IPL Final against Chennai Super Kings in Kolkata," the IPL said in a statement.
Mumbai won the match by 23 runs last night at the Eden Gardens to lift their maiden IPL trophy.
"At the end of the match, Mumbai Indians were assessed to be three overs behind the required rate after allowances were taken into consideration," the IPL stated.
Since it was his first offence of the season under the IPL`s Code of Conduct relating to minimum over-rate offences, Sharma was fined USD 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees