Rohit Sharma fined for slow over-rate
Kolkata: Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharmna was fined USD 20,000 for his team`s slow over-rate during the IPL final against Chennai Super Kings here.
"Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has been fined after the team maintained a slow over rate during last evening’s Pepsi IPL Final against Chennai Super Kings in Kolkata," the IPL said in a statement.
Mumbai won the match by 23 runs last night at the Eden Gardens to lift their maiden IPL trophy.
"At the end of the match, Mumbai Indians were assessed to be three overs behind the required rate after allowances were taken into consideration," the IPL stated.
Since it was his first offence of the season under the IPL`s Code of Conduct relating to minimum over-rate offences, Sharma was fined USD 20,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick