Ronit More scalps six on debut as Karnataka decimate Goa
Bangalore: Little known Karnataka medium-pacer Ronit More had stunning figures of six for 18 in his debut match at the senior national level as his team decimated Goa by eight wickets in the opening fixture of the south zone leg of Vijay Hazare Trophy, on Monday.
Karnataka captain Robin Uthappa won the toss and wanted to make full use of freshness.
The 20-year-old More playing his maiden List A match bowled with lot of control as Goa were skittled out for 54 in 20.3 overs. Abhimanyu Mithun (2/21) also complemented the youngster from the other end. The only Goa batsman to reach double figures was Reagan Pinto (19). More also swung the ball appreciably.
Karnataka lost a couple of wickets but reached the target in the 13th over which ensured bonus points for the hosts.
More has honed his skills at the MRF Pace Academy and just like Rajasthan youngster Ritu Raj Singh has played for the Australian Institute of Sports during the Emerging Trophy in Brisbane last year.
He had figures of 3/26 in a T20 match against South African Emerging side which also had new T20 sensation Richard Levi in their ranks.
Brief Scores: Goa 54 in 20.3 overs (Ronit More 6/18).
Karnataka 55/2 in 12.3 overs (Robin Uthappa 23).
Karnataka won by 8 wickets.
Points: Karnataka 5 Goa -1.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'