Rookie Kleinveldt hoping to fulfill childhood dream of playing Perth Test
Johannesburg: South Africa fast bowler Rory Kleinveldt is optimistic about fulfilling his childhood dream of playing in Perth, which is touted as one of world’s fastest pitch, against Australia in the final Test match of the series, starting on Friday.
World No 2 bowler Vernon Philander is on track to be fit for the final Test and should retake his place in the playing XI.
However, expected quick conditions will give the selectors an interesting selection conundrum, which Kleinveldt hopes will go in his favour.
“I would definitely love to play at the WACA,” Sports24 quoted Kleinveldt, as saying.
“It has been a dream of mine to be honest, and from what I have heard from past players they have said that it is one of the quickest wickets in the world. It would be nice for me to get on there and have a go,” he added.
Kleinveldt overcame a disappointing debut performance to take three vital wickets in Australia’s second innings in Adelaide, and looked every part the accomplished bowler he has been on the domestic circuit.
“Going into the game not thinking that I was going to play helped a lot,” Kleinveldt said.
“Finding out half-an-hour before the game that I was playing because of Vernon’s injury, which is obviously not a nice thing to come into the side for, made me a lot more relaxed than what I was in Brisbane. I had nothing to lose, so I went out there and did my best,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof