Rookie Kleinveldt hoping to fulfill childhood dream of playing Perth Test
Johannesburg: South Africa fast bowler Rory Kleinveldt is optimistic about fulfilling his childhood dream of playing in Perth, which is touted as one of world’s fastest pitch, against Australia in the final Test match of the series, starting on Friday.
World No 2 bowler Vernon Philander is on track to be fit for the final Test and should retake his place in the playing XI.
However, expected quick conditions will give the selectors an interesting selection conundrum, which Kleinveldt hopes will go in his favour.
“I would definitely love to play at the WACA,” Sports24 quoted Kleinveldt, as saying.
“It has been a dream of mine to be honest, and from what I have heard from past players they have said that it is one of the quickest wickets in the world. It would be nice for me to get on there and have a go,” he added.
Kleinveldt overcame a disappointing debut performance to take three vital wickets in Australia’s second innings in Adelaide, and looked every part the accomplished bowler he has been on the domestic circuit.
“Going into the game not thinking that I was going to play helped a lot,” Kleinveldt said.
“Finding out half-an-hour before the game that I was playing because of Vernon’s injury, which is obviously not a nice thing to come into the side for, made me a lot more relaxed than what I was in Brisbane. I had nothing to lose, so I went out there and did my best,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India