Rookie trio to take top three spots for Oz against Lanka in MCG ODI
Sydney: Australia will use one-day debutants Aaron Finch, Phil Hughes and Usman Khawaja at the top order during the first ODI against Sri Lanka at the MCG on Friday, captain George Bailey confirmed.
Bailey will bat at No.4 and be followed by David Hussey, Glenn Maxwell and Brad Haddin, with bowlers Mitch Johnson, Xavier Doherty, Clint McKay, and Mitch Starc completing the Australian XI, Telegraph.com.au reports. Steve Smith and Ben Cutting will be 12th and 13th men, with Bailey hinting the pair might get a chance in the second match in Adelaide on Sunday, it further reported.
Bailey said the uncapped top three all deserved their chance at the head of the new-look team, with Michael Clarke, Shane Watson, David Warner and the seemingly pensioned off Mike Hussey out of the squad. Bailey said the trio totally deserves their opportunity to make a case for themselves in the Australia tour as their domestic performances of late has been outstanding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police