Ross Taylor at peace with coach Hesson
Wellington: Ross Taylor, who was dumped as New Zealand captain following their tour to Sri Lanka last November, broke his silence in Auckland and promptly played a straight bat to media questions surrounding his return to the New Zealand set-up. Taylor had not spoken publicly since accusing Black Caps management of lying about the process of relieving him as skipper.
Those accusations were backed up in a leaked letter by New Zealand bowling coach Shane Bond. Taylor was named in the Black Caps Twenty20 and one-day teams to face England. Taylor and national coach Mike Hesson met after the Black Caps returned from their tour to South Africa - which Taylor made himself unavailable for - but he remained tight-lipped on whether he received an apology. Taylor described his relationship with Hesson as a "work in progress", adding that he had yet to speak to new skipper Brendon McCullum. In his absence in South Africa, the Black Caps were humiliated in the tests and lost the Twenty20 series but did claim a historic one-day series victory win.
Taylor admitted it was a "strange feeling" seeing the team in action without him, and he doubted his presence would have made any difference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof