Ross Taylor confirms participation in Caribbean Premier League
Wellington: Black Caps star Ross Taylor has confirmed his participation in the inaugural Caribbean Premier League.
Taylor has been named alongside Australian greats Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist for the Twenty20 competition. Taylor will join the competition after touring England with the New Zealand team and contesting the Champions Trophy.
West Indies stars have been unveiled - Darren Sammy, Dwayne Bravo, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard and Marlon Samuels, and more big names are expected to be announced soon.
Taylor said he is very excited about playing in the first-ever edition of the Caribbean Premier League . He said the Caribbean is one of his favourite places to play cricket.
The tournament - scheduled to be played from July 29 to August 26 - involves six franchise countries - Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
Ninety players will be contracted, and each team will select 15 players, with a limit of four international players and at least four players under the age of 23.
Taylor has a strike rate of 119.34 from 50 T20 internationals with the Black caps.
He is involved in the Indian Premier League T20 competition. He is playing for the Pune Warriors, his fourth IPL team in as many years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery