Ross Taylor feels a couple of boundaries away from regaining form
Wellington: Ross Taylor has claimed he is still feeling rusty despite making his comeback in the New Zealand Twenty20 team, but the former captain is confident he is just couple of boundaries away from regaining his rhythm.
Having been the centre of cricketing attention for nearly three months for reasons other than batting, Taylor`s form will begin to fall under the microscope after two cheap dismissals in the England T20 series so far, Stuff.co.nz reports.
In the first two T20s in Auckland and Hamilton Taylor faced 20 balls for scores of 13 and four on return to New Zealand duty, where he`s looked scratchy and taken time to adjust to facing the white ball again.
Taylor said he felt rusty for a while, adding Twenty20 is a format, especially when you bat in the middle order and you need some quick runs.
Taylor added sometimes you get runs and sometimes you don`t, and he further said that he is only a couple of boundaries away and then the confidence would go up. The former skipper said you try not to think about it too much and get into it, adding he didn``t drop a catch in the last game so that was a positive.
Taylor insisted there was no connection between his form and feeling bumpy being back in the New Zealand setting under Brendon McCullum, having been removed as skipper by coach Mike Hesson, the paper reported. Taylor said a series decider at Westpac Stadium would be an ideal time to rediscover his form.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview