Ross Taylor itching to showcase his power-hitting in CPL
Port of Spain: Red Steel international franchise player Ross Taylor, of New Zealand, says he plans to showcase his powerful hitting for the home fans in the ongoing Caribbean Premier T20 League.
The 29-year-old has a T20 average of 30.08 with a highest score of 111 not out but has yet to put his reputation on show in the Caribbean.
Known worldwide for his fireworks with the bat, Taylor has been out lbw for 2 and 11 against the Guyana Amazon Warriors and Barbados Tridents.
"It’s disappointing (to be out lbw twice). It (the ball) didn’t bounce much in the first innings and it was a questionable decision in the last one but that’s the way cricket goes. You try not to let it get you down too much,” said Taylor on Tuesday.
“When you come in a new team, you want to perform and perform straight away. Hopefully I can show what I am here for."
Both coach and captain of Red Steel Gordon Greenidge and Dwayne Bravo have expressed disappointment with the two losses already incurred in the preliminary round.
Taylor has acknowledged that the Red Steel have a high benchmark to live up to following the overwhelming success of the Trinidad and Tobago Red Force in T20.
“We know we need to win to stay in this competition and we’ll be looking for the home fans to continue cheering for us to get that victory,” he said.
“The home advantage has been a big plus for Guyana and Barbados and hopefully it can be the same for us."
Red steel play Jamaica Tallawah on Wednesday, Guyana Amazon Warriors on Friday and Antigua Hawkbills on Sunday at the Queen’s Park Oval.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly