Ross Taylor joins CPL
Bridgetown: New Zealand batsman Ross Taylor has become the latest international cricketer to link up with the inaugural Caribbean Premier League (CPL) set to begin in July.
Taylor, one of the hottest commodities in Twenty20 cricket, has been confirmed as the tournament`s third international franchise player, organisers announced on Thursday.
The former New Zealand captain has played in the Indian Premier League (IPL) since its inception in 2008, with spells at Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rajasthan Royals, Delhi Daredevils and, for this year, the Pune Warriors.
"I am very excited about playing in the first ever edition of the Caribbean Premier League," declared Taylor, who can lay claim to the fastest Test hundred in his country`s history, reaching three figures against Australia in Hamilton from only 81 balls in 2010.
"As current World Champions, the West Indies have been a force in T20 cricket over the past couple of years, and CPL should help uncover new international superstars in the mould of Kieron Pollard and Sunil Narine."
Taylor, part of the side that reached successive ICC Cricket World Cups semifinals in 2007 and 2011, as well as the final of the ICC Champions Trophy in 2009, has a career strike-rate of 142.79 in the shortest form of the game.
"The Caribbean is one of my favourite places to play cricket," said Taylor.
"With the passionate crowds, the great atmosphere and the athletic style of play, I`m looking forward to being a part of this exciting competition."
Taylor joins a list of world-class players who have already been confirmed for this year`s inaugural CPL.
Already contracted are Australian legends Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist, alongside the six confirmed West Indies franchise players: Darren Sammy, Dwayne Bravo, Chris Gayle, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard and Marlon Samuels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'