RPO directed to preserve documents in Kumble case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday ordered issue of a notice to Regional Passport Officer (RPO) and directed it to preserve the documents relating to the passport renewal application of former cricketer Anil Kumble`s step daughter Aaruni.
Justice A S Bopanna issued the directions to the RPO when the writ petition filed by Kumar Jagirdar, Aaruni`s biological father, seeking action by passport authorities against Anil Kumble for allegedly impersonating as Aaruni`s actual father and signing the passport renewal application, came up for hearing.
The petitioner not only sought action against Kumble by the passport authorities for the alleged violation of the Passport Act but also a direction to the authorities "not to destroy the passport renewal application and the related documents which is material evidence against the accused".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack