RPO directed to preserve documents in Kumble case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday ordered issue of a notice to Regional Passport Officer (RPO) and directed it to preserve the documents relating to the passport renewal application of former cricketer Anil Kumble`s step daughter Aaruni.
Justice A S Bopanna issued the directions to the RPO when the writ petition filed by Kumar Jagirdar, Aaruni`s biological father, seeking action by passport authorities against Anil Kumble for allegedly impersonating as Aaruni`s actual father and signing the passport renewal application, came up for hearing.
The petitioner not only sought action against Kumble by the passport authorities for the alleged violation of the Passport Act but also a direction to the authorities "not to destroy the passport renewal application and the related documents which is material evidence against the accused".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming