RPO directed to preserve documents in Kumble case
Bangalore: Karnataka High Court on Thursday ordered issue of a notice to Regional Passport Officer (RPO) and directed it to preserve the documents relating to the passport renewal application of former cricketer Anil Kumble`s step daughter Aaruni.
Justice A S Bopanna issued the directions to the RPO when the writ petition filed by Kumar Jagirdar, Aaruni`s biological father, seeking action by passport authorities against Anil Kumble for allegedly impersonating as Aaruni`s actual father and signing the passport renewal application, came up for hearing.
The petitioner not only sought action against Kumble by the passport authorities for the alleged violation of the Passport Act but also a direction to the authorities "not to destroy the passport renewal application and the related documents which is material evidence against the accused".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi