Rs 4.5 crore for security during Mohali matches unpaid: Police
New Delhi: Cash-rich Punjab Cricket Association and bollywood actor Preity Zinta`s IPL team Kings XI are sitting over nearly Rs 4.5 crore of bills raised by Punjab Police for security arrangements of world cup and IPL matches organised at Mohali.
The pending bills are related to security arrangements done by the police for World Cup semi-finals on March 30, last year and the Indian Premier League (IPL) matches played during April last year, an RTI reply from the state police said.
In its reply, the police said bills have been sent to Punjab Cricket Association for the World Cup match while Kings XI has been sent bills of IPL matches played in the Mohali stadium in April last year.
"Bills have been sent but not paid till date," said the reply dated January 9, this year.
The RTI response said, "Amount for Rs 1,60,68,600 regarding semi-final World Cup-2011 played at PCA stadium Mohali on March 30, 2011 is pending with PCA, Mohali. Amount of Rs 2,89,03,000 regarding DLF IPL 2011 played at PCA stadium Mohali in the month of April 2011 is pending with Kings XI Punjab." The bills together come to Rs 4.49 crore.
The police, in response to RTI application filed by activist Subhash Agrawal, said it provides security for all cricket matches including international, domestic, IPL conducted by national and state-level cricket bodies.
It said the bills for such matches are charged on actual basis from cricket bodies including BCCI in same manner as is ordinarily done from private bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH