RS kudos to India Under-19 cricket team
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Monday congratulated India Under-19 cricket team for winning the one-day international World Cup by beating defending champions Australia.
Members thumped their desks after Chairman Hamid Ansari congratulated the Indian team for winning the U-19 World Cup yesterday.
The win is all the more significant as this is for the third time that U-19s have won the limited over world championship, he said.
Mohammed Kaif and Virat Kohli led their respective teams to victory in 2000 and 2008 editions respectively.
Ansari said, "This victory has added another feather in the crown of Indian cricket" and India now holds both the senior and junior world titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan