RS kudos to India Under-19 cricket team
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Monday congratulated India Under-19 cricket team for winning the one-day international World Cup by beating defending champions Australia.
Members thumped their desks after Chairman Hamid Ansari congratulated the Indian team for winning the U-19 World Cup yesterday.
The win is all the more significant as this is for the third time that U-19s have won the limited over world championship, he said.
Mohammed Kaif and Virat Kohli led their respective teams to victory in 2000 and 2008 editions respectively.
Ansari said, "This victory has added another feather in the crown of Indian cricket" and India now holds both the senior and junior world titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth