RS kudos to India Under-19 cricket team
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Monday congratulated India Under-19 cricket team for winning the one-day international World Cup by beating defending champions Australia.
Members thumped their desks after Chairman Hamid Ansari congratulated the Indian team for winning the U-19 World Cup yesterday.
The win is all the more significant as this is for the third time that U-19s have won the limited over world championship, he said.
Mohammed Kaif and Virat Kohli led their respective teams to victory in 2000 and 2008 editions respectively.
Ansari said, "This victory has added another feather in the crown of Indian cricket" and India now holds both the senior and junior world titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact