RS kudos to India Under-19 cricket team
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha on Monday congratulated India Under-19 cricket team for winning the one-day international World Cup by beating defending champions Australia.
Members thumped their desks after Chairman Hamid Ansari congratulated the Indian team for winning the U-19 World Cup yesterday.
The win is all the more significant as this is for the third time that U-19s have won the limited over world championship, he said.
Mohammed Kaif and Virat Kohli led their respective teams to victory in 2000 and 2008 editions respectively.
Ansari said, "This victory has added another feather in the crown of Indian cricket" and India now holds both the senior and junior world titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured