Ryan Hinds cleared of sexual assault charges
Bridgetown (Barbados): Barbados and West Indies cricketer Ryan Hinds has been cleared of sexual assault charges, a statement by the West Indies Players’ Association (WIPA) said.
Chief Magistrate Pamela Beckles Friday dismissed sexual assault charges against Hinds after the complainant in the matter informed the court that she would not be presenting evidence, reports CMC.
Hinds, who was represented by Queens Counsel Patterson Cheltenham, was not present at the hearing.
“The dropping of these charges is an immense weight off my shoulders,” said Hinds.
The charges stemmed from an incident involving a 28-year-old woman two year ago.
Hinds had maintained his innocence from the outset, WIPA said.
“There were days when I thought there was no end in sight for this matter but they ( family and lawyer) kept me grounded and focused throughout,” said Hinds.
“I am now very keen to try and regain a place in the Barbados national team”.
WIPA President Wavell Hinds said both the West Indies Cricket Board (BCA) and the Barbados Cricket Association (BCA) have been notified of the result of the hearing.
“WIPA wishes Ryan every success as he seeks to rebuild his first-class and international careers,” said Hinds.
“He has demonstrated before that he has the ability to bounce back from adversity, and we have no doubt that he will do so again.”
Hinds played 15 Tests and 14 ODIs for West Indies but has not represented them since July 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination