Ryan McLaren says SA need to improve in every game against Pakistan
Johannesburg: South African all rounder Ryan McLaren has admitted they need to improve in every game one-day ahead of their five-match series against Pakistan up to the Champions Trophy.
McLaren said as bowlers they spent some time discussing where they could improve, with the emphasis on the different phases of the 50-over format, adding it`s an ongoing process and, as a team, they want to improve in every single game we play, building towards the Champions Trophy and the next World Cup.
Dominating in the Test arena, South Africa`s recent 2-1 series loss to New Zealand in the one-day format has set off alarm bells ahead of the forthcoming ICC Champions Trophy.
McLaren said they had spent some time reflecting on that series, as well as their recent hammering by Pakistan in the only Twenty20 contest between the two sides.
McLaren added Pakistan team may have taken a psychological blow in the Test series but they really bounced back in the Twenty20 match in Centurion last week, which would have given them a lot of confidence.
McLaren said they have their own goals and we know what they want to achieve in the five matches, so they would just be focused on our own processes and make sure that they work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on