Ryder hits 16 sixes in an innings, equals first-class record
Brisbane: New Zealand batsman Jesse Ryder on Sunday equalled a first-class world record for the most sixes in an innings when he hit an incredible 16 sixes against Australia A here.
The left-handed Kiwi equalled the record set by Graham Napier and Andrew Symonds as he scored 175 off only 137 deliveries in the New Zealand`s second innings score of 467 for six. In addition to 16 sixes, Ryder also hit 11 boundaries and scored 140 out of 175 in only 27 scoring shots.
Ryder equalled the record of Andrew Symonds and Fraham Napier both of whom had earlier hit 16 sixes in an innings in a first-class match.
Australian leg-break bowler Ed Cowan bore the maximum brunt of Ryder`s furious knock as conceded 28 runs in an over which included four sixes and a four. Two spinners Michael Beer (1/130 off 27 overs) and Steven Smith (0/95 in 16 overs) also got some harsh treatment.
New Zealand will play the first Test against Australia from December 1 at the Gabba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family