S. Africa tour will be a tough challenge: Clarke
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke has rated the upcoming tour of South Africa as tough a challenge as there is in world cricket.
The Australians will play two Twenty20, three one-day and two Test matches against South Africa starting in mid-October.
South Africa currently sits second in the world Test rankings, behind only England and two places above Australia, a leading daily reports.
"They are a very good team and they are ranked very high in all forms of the game," Clarke said in Sydney on Tuesday.
He added: "They have had a lot of success in their own country, so it`s as tough a challenge as you face in world cricket, no doubt."
While Australia won their last Test series in South Africa, Clarke said some of their players were better for added experience and he rated them a very skilled unit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list