SA chairman of selectors Hudson worried over CLT20 injuries
Johannesburg: In the wake of injury to their ODI captain AB de Villiers, South Africa`s chairman of selectors Andrew Hudson has expressed his concern over the number of injuries that has affected the balance during the previous and current edition.
"The Champions League hasn`t been kind to us," Hudson was quoted as saying by a website.
"Last year, we lost Dale Steyn, Jacques Kallis and Albie Morkel and we can only hope we don`t suffer more," the former Proteas opener said.
Steyn fell on his head after backpedalling to take a catch while Kallis sustained a back injury and Morkel strained his side, which caused the trio to miss out on matches against Zimbabwe.
With 10 more days remaining in the Champions League, Hudson fears that there may be a few more injuries.
"What we are realising is that T20 is hard on players, it`s intense," Hudson said. "We`re going to have accept that we will get injuries."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday