SA chairman of selectors Hudson worried over CLT20 injuries
Johannesburg: In the wake of injury to their ODI captain AB de Villiers, South Africa`s chairman of selectors Andrew Hudson has expressed his concern over the number of injuries that has affected the balance during the previous and current edition.
"The Champions League hasn`t been kind to us," Hudson was quoted as saying by a website.
"Last year, we lost Dale Steyn, Jacques Kallis and Albie Morkel and we can only hope we don`t suffer more," the former Proteas opener said.
Steyn fell on his head after backpedalling to take a catch while Kallis sustained a back injury and Morkel strained his side, which caused the trio to miss out on matches against Zimbabwe.
With 10 more days remaining in the Champions League, Hudson fears that there may be a few more injuries.
"What we are realising is that T20 is hard on players, it`s intense," Hudson said. "We`re going to have accept that we will get injuries."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday