SA eves face England in a do-or-die Super Six clash
Cuttack: In a desperate bid to stay in hunt for a semi-final berth, England side led by Charlotte Edwards will go all out against South Africa in a do-or-die Super Sx encounter of the ICC Women`s World Cup at the Barabati Stadium, here on Sunday.
Both teams need to win this encounter to stay alive in the tournament and England will certainly start as favourites against South Africa who haven`t done anything worth taking a note of.
England lost a low-scoring encounter against Australia by two runs while West Indies beat South Africa by two wickets in their respective Super Six games.
England, who were the runners-up during the Women`s World T20 will depend a lot on their skipper Edwards to fire.
The 33-year-old seasoned pro has had a mixed tournament so far as she has failed to get into double figures Sri Lanka and Australia but scored a century (109) against India in a group league encounter.
Charlotte, who is now 91 runs short of completing 5000 runs in Women`s ODIs, will like to stand up and be counted when her team needs the most.
The bowling attack is in able hands of seamer Katherine Brunt, who has been in good form having taken 10 wickets in four matches so far. All-rounder Aaran Brindle could be a factor as she has got five wickets and two scores of 30-plus so far.
For the Proteas eves, all eyes will be on 23-year-old Marizanne Kapp, who has had an excellent tourney with a century and a half century apart from six wickets.
What has been worrying for South Africa is lack of team effort and the form of their skipper Mignou du Preez as she has not scored a single half-century in the four matches so far. With two ducks in four innings, Du Preez should be a worried skipper as she looks to turn the tables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand