SA tour to be discussed at Working committee meeting on October 26
Mumbai: The BCCI has called a meeting of its Working Committee in Chennai on October 26, where the progress over the Indian team`s South Africa tour is expected to come up for discussion and approval.
"An emergent meeting of the BCCI Working Committee will take place on October 26 in Chennai," a board official informed.
Though the agenda of the meeting is not clear, the progress over India`s tour of South Africa which still hangs in balance is likely to come up.
Current indications are that the tour would take place in December with the BCCI wanting the team to play a warm-up game before the expected two-Test series and the ODI rubber in the limited time available before the team travels to New Zealand.
According to reports, Cricket South Africa wants the Test series to be a three-game affair.
Sachin Tendulkar`s farewell from the game too would be discussed.
"We will discuss that (Tendulkar`s farewell plans). The match starts on November 14, so there is time. Working Committee can also decide on that," BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla had said after the meeting of the Tours and Fixtures Committee here on Tuesday.
Tendulkar is set to quit the game after playing his 200th Test match in Mumbai against the West Indies.
Decisions taken at the ICC`s two-day Board meeting, that commenced today in London and is attended by Board chief N Srinivasan, are also expected to be placed before the Working Committee members.
This will be the first WC meeting after Srinivasan was re-elected as BCCI president in September.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’