SA vs NZ, 1st Test: Steyn scalps 300th wicket, Kallis reaches 13,000 runs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Cape Town: Veteran South African Jacques Kallis reached another milestone in his career when he reached 13, 000 Test runs during the first Test match against New Zealand at Cape Town on Wednesday.
The 37-year-old reached the landmark as a thick outside edge went past gully down to third man region for a boundary.
Earlier in the day, Dale Steyn captured his 300th Test wicket when he bowled Doug Bracewell during the morning session.
Steyn reached the milestone in his 61st Test. Australia`s Dennis Lillee (56th Test), and Muttiah Muralitharan of Sri Lanka (58) have reached the milestone in fewer matches.
Vernon Philander wreaked havoc as he picked a five-wicket haul that wrapped the Kiwi innings for 45 runs in 19.2 overs on the opening morning of the first Test at Newlands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her