SA vs NZ, 1st Test: Steyn scalps 300th wicket, Kallis reaches 13,000 runs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Cape Town: Veteran South African Jacques Kallis reached another milestone in his career when he reached 13, 000 Test runs during the first Test match against New Zealand at Cape Town on Wednesday.
The 37-year-old reached the landmark as a thick outside edge went past gully down to third man region for a boundary.
Earlier in the day, Dale Steyn captured his 300th Test wicket when he bowled Doug Bracewell during the morning session.
Steyn reached the milestone in his 61st Test. Australia`s Dennis Lillee (56th Test), and Muttiah Muralitharan of Sri Lanka (58) have reached the milestone in fewer matches.
Vernon Philander wreaked havoc as he picked a five-wicket haul that wrapped the Kiwi innings for 45 runs in 19.2 overs on the opening morning of the first Test at Newlands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016