1st Test, Day 2: Sachin Tendulkar once again falls to poor umpiring
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Kolkata: The massive crowd that turned up to watch Little Master Sachin Tendulkar bat at the Eden Gradens on Day 2 of the first Test match, was left disappointed after the batting legend was given out lbw off Shane Shillingford’s 13th over of the innings.
The off-spinner bowled a doosra and Tendulkar missed the line as he was looking to defend it from his crease by pushing it forward, the ball straightened and hit him on his back thigh. The umpire raised his finger, even though the replays suggested the call wasn’t a fair one, as the impact was too high and the ball would have easily missed the stumps. Several cricket experts were of the same opinion.
Tendulkar had scored two boundaries in Shillingford’s ninth over but the off-spinner had the last laugh as he claimed the prized wicket, even though off a wrong decision.
Shillingford flummoxed the Indian top order as he got enough purchase from the wicket as he dismissed Shikhar Dhawan (23), Murali Vijay (26), Tendulkar (10) and Virat Kohli (3).
Even though Tendulkar left the field to a standing ovation from the crowd, the spectators were left gobsmacked as they had turned up in huge numbers anticipating a big knock from the batting maestro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read