British Parliament honours Sachin Tendulkar
London: A Motion was laid in the House of Commons in the UK on Monday congratulating batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar on his "magnificent" career.
The Early Day Motion, moved by Indian-origin MP Keith Vaz, said that Tendulkar served as an inspiration for millions around the world and recognised his "selfless dedication" to the sport.
"This motion is a fitting tribute to such an exceptional batsman. Tendulkar is adored almost as much in the UK as he is India so it is only right that Parliament pays tribute to him," Rt Hon Keith Vaz MP said.
There is no debate on early day motion.
The Indian batting legend drew curtains on his 24-year-long illustrious career on Saturday after playing his landmark 200th Test against the West Indies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak