British Parliament honours Sachin Tendulkar
London: A Motion was laid in the House of Commons in the UK on Monday congratulating batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar on his "magnificent" career.
The Early Day Motion, moved by Indian-origin MP Keith Vaz, said that Tendulkar served as an inspiration for millions around the world and recognised his "selfless dedication" to the sport.
"This motion is a fitting tribute to such an exceptional batsman. Tendulkar is adored almost as much in the UK as he is India so it is only right that Parliament pays tribute to him," Rt Hon Keith Vaz MP said.
There is no debate on early day motion.
The Indian batting legend drew curtains on his 24-year-long illustrious career on Saturday after playing his landmark 200th Test against the West Indies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!