CAB wants 199th Test match ticket to have Tendulkar photo
Kolkata: The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) will be seeking permission of the Indian Cricket Board so that they can have a photograph of Sachin Tendulkar on match ticket that will be printed on the occasion of penultimate Test of the legendary batsman`s illustrious career.
CAB joint secretary Subir Ganguly and treasurer Biswarup Dey said that the state association has thought about such a move as Tendulkar plays his 199th at the historic Eden Gardens from November 6-10.
"Normally, we don`t have the practise of printing any particular cricketer`s photograph in a match ticket. But this is a special and emotional occasion as well. Therefore we would like to seek BCCI`s permission if we can use any action photograph of Tendulkar at the Eden Gardens. Once we get the permission, we will issue print order," Dey.
"It will be like a collector`s item for all those who get hold of one ticket. It gives you a feeling of "I was there on that day". We are waiting for confirmation of what will be scheduled start, 9:15 am or 9:30 am as sun sets quickly in the eastern part. Once broadcasters confirm that, we would put tickets up for sale," Dey informed.
Since the CAB headquarters was closed due to Durga Puja, there hasn`t been any elaborate meeting of the members but it is learnt that key components of a grand felicitation will be decided by association president Jagmohan Dalmiya.
"The final decision on how we would felicitate Sachin will be taken by Mr Dalmiya. We will decide something concrete by the end of next week," Ganguly informed.
The CAB is also planning to invite the legendary Brian Lara to watch the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’