CAB will keep 5 percent tickets for sales starting Oct 25
Kolkata: The ticket sales for the much-awaited 199th Test of Sachin Tendulkar in his farewell series against West Indies would begin from October 25.
"About 5 per cent of the 68,000 odd seats (about 4000) would go for online sale," Joint Secretary of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) Subir Ganguly said on Thursday.
"We are aware of the emotion attached to this match. We will put up advertisement and hope that everyone gets a fair chance," he said.
CAB keeps 30,000 tickets reserved for life, associate, annual and honourary members.
Around 24,000 tickets are to be shared by the 121 affiliates while 9000 odd will be kept aside for the BCCI, state assoiciations, former Test cricketers and officials, he said.
The distribution for these tickets will start from October 29.
"If any of these tickets remained with us then we will put it up for couter sale," Ganguly added.
The opening test match against the West Indies, which will be Tendulkar`s 199, would be held at Eden Gardens from November 6-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot