CAB will keep 5 percent tickets for sales starting Oct 25
Kolkata: The ticket sales for the much-awaited 199th Test of Sachin Tendulkar in his farewell series against West Indies would begin from October 25.
"About 5 per cent of the 68,000 odd seats (about 4000) would go for online sale," Joint Secretary of Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) Subir Ganguly said on Thursday.
"We are aware of the emotion attached to this match. We will put up advertisement and hope that everyone gets a fair chance," he said.
CAB keeps 30,000 tickets reserved for life, associate, annual and honourary members.
Around 24,000 tickets are to be shared by the 121 affiliates while 9000 odd will be kept aside for the BCCI, state assoiciations, former Test cricketers and officials, he said.
The distribution for these tickets will start from October 29.
"If any of these tickets remained with us then we will put it up for couter sale," Ganguly added.
The opening test match against the West Indies, which will be Tendulkar`s 199, would be held at Eden Gardens from November 6-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mayawati justifies counter abuse, says Dayashankar's wife, daughter paying for being silent on 'prostitute' comment
- Una row: 3 Dalits attempt suicide; situation largely peaceful
- Attention nail polish lovers! Here's how to apply nail paints perfectly—Watch video now
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018