Collector`s items: Coins by Ramakant Achrekar are priceless for Sachin Tendulkar
Mumbai: One would be spoilt for choice if he is asked to choose his favourite pick from the following memorabilias: a signed boxing gloves by Muhammed Ali, a guitar signed by Dire Straits` Mark Knopfler, a bat autographed by none other than Sir Don Bradman.
But ask Sachin Tendulkar and the answer will be the coins that he earned from his childhood coach Ramakant Achrekar after those rigorous training sessions at the Shivaji Park Gymkhana ground.
During those days, Achrekar would put a Re 1 coin on top of the stump and if Sachin wouldn`t get out, the coin would be his.
"I think the most important memorabilia for me is the coins that I have got from my coach Achrekar sir, those are the most important ones," Tendulkar said at the launch of a celebrity commerce Collectabillia website .
The Collectabilia Celebrity Walls which would feature some rare authentic memorabilia autographed by legends from different walks of life.
The collection includes Sachin Tendulkar 200th Test commemorative autographed bat, along with boxing gloves signed by Muhammad Ali.
After having a look at Ali`s big gloves, Tendulkar said that it was exactly the same that is there in his Bandra bungalow.
"On my 40th birthday, I got a pleasant surprise from Anjana (Anjana Reddy, who is MD of Universal Sportsbiz that operates Collectabilia.Com). The Muhammad Ali`s glove that you are seeing here --I have one exactly like that at home signed by Muhammad Ali. That has to be a special memorabilia."
Another priceless piece of memorabilia has to be the framed picture and bat signed by Sir Don.
"Apart from Ali`s signed gloves, Sir Don`s autographed bat and framed picture another precious item that I possess," the cricket legend said.
A music buff and a big fan of Knopfler, it is obvious that rock star`s signed personal guitar is also a treasured item for Tendulkar.
"Other than cricket, I like motorsports and football but moving away from sport then it is music. Music, obviously from the western part of the world, it has got to be Dire Straits. Knopfler presented me his personal guitar. So that has to be the top of the music (collectors` item) list," he said.
The iconic Lata Mangeshkar treats Tendulkar like his son and by cricketer`s own admission, he is waiting for the gift from his "Lata Didi".
"Something which I am really looking forward to is Lata Didi has promised me something, so hopefully I should have that with me. It is a surprise. That is something I am looking forward to. It will be a special one. These are the top three artistes as far as music is concerned for me.
"Among Indian musicians, Ashaji gave me her own personal record, which was from the 70s. It was signed and a song the way it is meant to be sung (notations) in her handwriting, which is really special to me. AR Rahman, who is a good friend, gave me his personal guitar, so that is dear to me."
For Tendulkar, what makes these memorabilias special is the feeling associated with those items when these great musicians parted with them.
"Like me, there are so many millions and millions of fans who have enjoyed their music. This is something which must have been personal to them before they decided to part with. So it has a special value to me because AR being a close friend. Also the blessings of the two great singers of many generations Lata Didi and Ashaji make these items special," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'