Dr Sachin Tendukar soon?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Mumbai University (MU) senate has once again proposed the name of cricketer Sachin Tendulkar for honorary doctorate degrees (honorary DLitt) in recognition of his exemplary achievement in the field of sports.
Vice-chancellor Rajan Welukar would soon seek the chancellor’s nod in this regard. However, it may take at least a couple of months to actually confer the degree. But the officials are still not disclosing the issue.
If Tendulkar receives this award, he would be the first sportsperson to get the degree.
This is not the first time that Tendulkar’s name has been proposed for the award. When India won the ICC’s ODI World Cup in 2011, his name was proposed for the very first time but the proposal did not get the green signal from the MU senate.
Though Tendulkar had rejected two similar offers in the past from Mysore University and Yashwantrao Chavan Maharshtra Open University (YCMOU) a few years back, it would be interesting to see that, if offered, whether the Master Blaster would accept it or not.
Apart from Sachin, the MU senate has also proposed the name of Justice Chandrashekhar Dharmadhikari for the honour for his exemplary achievement in the field of judiciary.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane