Galaxy of stars attend Sachin Tendulkar’s farewell bash
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Mumbai: After hanging his Test boots on November 16, Sachin Tendulkar hosted a grand farewell party to celebrate his illustrious cricketing career on Monday.
From cricketers to Bollywood stars to politicians, all were present at the occasion to celebrate Little Master’s memorable career, which lasted for 24 long years.
Among the long list of cricketers Sunil Gavaskar, Indian skipper MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Dilip Vengsarkar, Yuvraj Singh, Harbhjan Singh, Sourav Ganguly, Anil Kumble, Javagal Srinath, Zaheer Khan, Brian Lara and VVS Laxman, were there to name a few.
When it comes to Bollywood, most of the imminent personalities came for the big bash. Big B Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Asha Bhosale, among many others attended the gala dinner.
Raj Thackeray, Mukesh Ambani and Subroto Roy were also there to wish the batting maestro for serving the nation for such a long time.
As per the media reports, Rahul Dravid was not seen in the bash, whereas Vinod Kambli, a childhood friend of Sachin Tendulkar was not invited in the party.
Amir Khan sung the song ‘papa kehte hai bada naam karega’ and dedicated it to none other than the host. Later Yuvraj Singh read a poem for Tendulkar, written by one of his friends.
During the cake cutting ceremony Zaheer, Bhajji and Yuvi put the cake on Sachin’s face.
Sachin Tendulkar and Anjali Tendulkar themselves attended all the guests at the entrance.
And the party went on till morning.
The bating maestro Sachin Tendulkar retired from cricket on November 16 after serving the nation for 24 long years. His last Test match was held at his home ground in Mumbai at the Wankhede stadium. His farewell speech had left many in tears and the nation was almost in a standstill for the last two days.
Sachin was also conferred India’s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna, post his retirement.
On Sunday, the Master Blaster addressed the Media for the very first time as a former Indian cricketer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days