I am proud I played with Bharat Ratna Sachin Tendulkar, says Kumble
Bangalore: Former India captain Anil Kumble on Wednesday said that he was proud of having played with Sachin Tendulkar who was recently conferred with the Bharat Ratna.
"I am extremely proud that I played with the Bharat Ratna (Tendulkar). Certainly he deserves a truly rich award," Kumble told reporters here.
Kumble said Tendulkar`s contribution on and off the field have been immense.
He said Tendulkar should be allowed to spend some time with his family, after so much of travelling for the last 24 years, playing cricket.
Kumble expressed regret at not attending the farewell Test of Tendulkar at Wankhede stadium as he was busy with some work related to Karnataka State Cricket Association elections.
"I couldn`t make it to Wankhede as I was busy filing nominations. I told Tendulkar I would be present at the stadium on fourth day but unfortunately the match folded on third day," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!