I didn`t see myself in Indian 2015 WC team, so quit: Sachin Tendulkar
New Delhi: Since he did not see himself playing the 2015 World Cup, it was appropriate to quit the 50-over format in the best interest of the Indian team, batting great Sachin Tendulkar has said.
The senior batsman said it was best to allow team find a winning combination ahead of the tournament, to be held in Australia and New Zealand.
The 39-year-old batsman said it was right to walk into the sunset, keeping in mind India`s title defence.
"I felt in 2015 when we go to Australia and New Zealand we should be fully prepared to lift the trophy again. I don`t see myself playing in the 2015 World Cup and that`s why I felt I should back off and the team should move ahead and form a balance, formidable combination for the 2015 World Cup," Tendulkar told an English news channel.
One of the game`s all-time greats, Tendulkar, announced his retirement from one-day cricket in December last year, bringing to an end a glorious 23-year-old career in the One-day format during which he rewrote numerous batting records.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list