I didn`t see myself in Indian 2015 WC team, so quit: Sachin Tendulkar
New Delhi: Since he did not see himself playing the 2015 World Cup, it was appropriate to quit the 50-over format in the best interest of the Indian team, batting great Sachin Tendulkar has said.
The senior batsman said it was best to allow team find a winning combination ahead of the tournament, to be held in Australia and New Zealand.
The 39-year-old batsman said it was right to walk into the sunset, keeping in mind India`s title defence.
"I felt in 2015 when we go to Australia and New Zealand we should be fully prepared to lift the trophy again. I don`t see myself playing in the 2015 World Cup and that`s why I felt I should back off and the team should move ahead and form a balance, formidable combination for the 2015 World Cup," Tendulkar told an English news channel.
One of the game`s all-time greats, Tendulkar, announced his retirement from one-day cricket in December last year, bringing to an end a glorious 23-year-old career in the One-day format during which he rewrote numerous batting records.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India