J&K minister kicks off signature campaign for Sachin
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Sports and Youth Minister Taj Mohi-ud-Din on Monday kicked off a signature campaign hailing the contribution of legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar who retired on Saturday.
Taj, who was the first to put his signatures for the campaign organised by a private radio chain, complimented Tendulkar for the history of sorts he created during his 24-year career in international cricket at Jammu University lawns.
He said Tendulkar`s fans and the people of the country owe a sense of gratitude to him.
Taj also commended the government of India for having respected the sentiments of millions of cricket lovers by conferring the batting star with Bharat Ratna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress