J&K minister kicks off signature campaign for Sachin
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Sports and Youth Minister Taj Mohi-ud-Din on Monday kicked off a signature campaign hailing the contribution of legendary cricketer Sachin Tendulkar who retired on Saturday.
Taj, who was the first to put his signatures for the campaign organised by a private radio chain, complimented Tendulkar for the history of sorts he created during his 24-year career in international cricket at Jammu University lawns.
He said Tendulkar`s fans and the people of the country owe a sense of gratitude to him.
Taj also commended the government of India for having respected the sentiments of millions of cricket lovers by conferring the batting star with Bharat Ratna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued