Mumbai Indians to retire Sachin Tendulkar’s No. 10 jersey
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Champions League T20 winner Mumbai Indians have decided to retire No. 10 jersey following Sachin Tendulkar’s decision to call time on his cricketing career.
“I think it was a befitting tribute to our ‘Master’ as we call him. Winning the IPL as well as the Champions League T20 in the same season is a great achievement. It’s a very emotional moment for us and we have decided to retire his No. 10 jersey,” MI owner Nita Ambani was quoted as saying by DNA on Saturday.
On Thursday, Tendulkar announced his retirement from Test cricket drawing curtains on a 24-year long glittering career that saw the ‘Little Master’ rewriting the record books.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!