Mumbai Indians to retire Sachin Tendulkar’s No. 10 jersey
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Champions League T20 winner Mumbai Indians have decided to retire No. 10 jersey following Sachin Tendulkar’s decision to call time on his cricketing career.
“I think it was a befitting tribute to our ‘Master’ as we call him. Winning the IPL as well as the Champions League T20 in the same season is a great achievement. It’s a very emotional moment for us and we have decided to retire his No. 10 jersey,” MI owner Nita Ambani was quoted as saying by DNA on Saturday.
On Thursday, Tendulkar announced his retirement from Test cricket drawing curtains on a 24-year long glittering career that saw the ‘Little Master’ rewriting the record books.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened