Of Sachin Tendulkar, BCCI and the ‘R’ word
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
New Delhi: Predictions, predicament and ‘power’ play sum up Sachin Tendulkar these days.
Predictions are everywhere. Almost every day there is an individual or a group of individuals commenting on when the batting maestro should retire. While some opine that Sachin should go, others leave the choice to Sachin. Meanwhile, the fans just wonder how the legendary batsman feels with such a surmounting pressure of retirement on him. Being alive and watching cricket in era of Tendulkar is mesmerising for many.
Power ‘play’ is what the BCCI is doing. On Monday, few reports hinted that BCCI might ask the master blaster to retire after his milestone 200th test. Seriously? Come on BCCI, let us give the man respect for his achievements and not just order him to go. While his retirement from ODI went unnoticed, if and only if Sachin contemplates retirement after his 200th test match, his farewell should be huge. The man has literally dedicated his whole life to the game.
Predicament is what Sachin would be in. Just the thought of bidding adieu to his passion would be nightmarish for him. The thought of just clinging till the last breath is what we have seen in most of the players in twilight. He has entertained, awed and inspired a whole generation and would be an idol for many more to come.
Statistically, let us accept, Sachin is out of form. His scores are average in comparison with his own stature. Age is catching up on him. He has achieved all most all records a cricketer could dream of. His last dream, seeing India win the World Cup, also came true. When is the right time to go? Whatever the master blaster decides, certainly it should not be the BCCI who takes this decision for him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25