Only Sachin Tendulkar and Anjali know when he will retire: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A day after reports that said BCCI would ask batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar to resign, sources close to him have informed that the 40-year-old would not go down without a fight.
Sachin is reportedly unperturbed by the hullabaloo over his resignation and has maintained that he would take a call only if an official appeal is made.
"Only he and Anjali (his wife) know when he will retire," said sources who did not wish to be identified.
Sachin`s friend and Mumbai colleague, Praveen Amre, cautioned that the issue of Tendulkar`s retirement needed to be handled with care, by both parties. "The Board must have its plans but Sachin is not a normal cricketer. There should be better communication between them, and both parties should accommodate each other`s points of view. Sachin knows best when to retire, and I wish both- the Board and he work in a sense of accommodation,” said Amre to a leading Mumbai daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says