Only Sachin Tendulkar and Anjali know when he will retire: Report
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: A day after reports that said BCCI would ask batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar to resign, sources close to him have informed that the 40-year-old would not go down without a fight.
Sachin is reportedly unperturbed by the hullabaloo over his resignation and has maintained that he would take a call only if an official appeal is made.
"Only he and Anjali (his wife) know when he will retire," said sources who did not wish to be identified.
Sachin`s friend and Mumbai colleague, Praveen Amre, cautioned that the issue of Tendulkar`s retirement needed to be handled with care, by both parties. "The Board must have its plans but Sachin is not a normal cricketer. There should be better communication between them, and both parties should accommodate each other`s points of view. Sachin knows best when to retire, and I wish both- the Board and he work in a sense of accommodation,” said Amre to a leading Mumbai daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP