Sachin might be looking to retire after 200th Test cap: Danny Morrison
Islamabad: Former New Zealand fast bowler and cricket commentator Danny Morrison has said it is possible that Indian great Sachin Tendulkar is eyeing to become the first player to play in 200 Test matches. Morrison said in an interview with Pakpassion.net that it would be nice for Tendulkar to reach the 200th Test mark and added that he might retire from all the formats of the game after that.
Morrison added that Tendulkar has played 193 or 194 test matches and can see what’s around the corner - he wants to be the first cricketer to play 200 test matches. “Fair enough if he’s not the same player, we know he’s not, and he struggles a bit and he’s always said he would only want to keep playing so long as he can keep contributing to the team,” Morrison said. “He got 76 in one of the test matches in the second innings [in the India v England series], missing out in the other innings but I think he’s still capable,” he added. “He might as well be the first man to get to 200 Tests because we may never see anything like that again.
I love Tendukar and from my corner we all know he’s not the player that he was but if that’s another milestone for him that keeps him inspired and fit to keep playing,” he further said. Morrison added: “I’d like to see him to get to 200 Tests and then he may say that is probably it. Get to 200 Test matches and where to from there? Get to 40-years-old and Sachin will be happy to hang up his boots.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video