Little-known facts about Sachin Tendulkar, who announced on Thursday he was retiring from all forms of cricket after playing his 200th test against West Indies next month.
* Tendulkar has 13 coins from his coach Ramakant Achrekar. He would win a coin if he got through an entire net session without being dismissed.
* Holds the unique distinction of scoring a century on debut in Ranji Trophy, Irani Trophy and Duleep Trophy.
* Tendulkar was a ball boy during the 1987 semi-final between India and England.
* There are two wards in New Delhi`s Tihar Jail, one named after Tendulkar and another after Vinod Kambli. The duo shared a 664-run unbroken partnership in a school match.
* Tendulkar was the first player to be given out by the third umpire in an international game.
* Everyone remembers Vangipurappu Laxman (281) and Rahul Dravid`s (180) 376-run partnership against Australia in a Kolkata test in 2001 after being asked to follow on. But many have forgotten Tendulkar`s three wickets in the second innings, including those of Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist, to trigger the collapse.
* Tendulkar was the first individual without an aviation background to be awarded the honorary rank of Group Captain by the Indian Air Force.