Sachin says `knowing he would never bat again for India` brought tears in his eyes
London: Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar has revealed that when he went out on the wicket for the last time, he was really emotional and could not control the tears knowing that he will never again have a cricket bat in his hand playing for India.
According to the BBC, Tendulkar disclosed that it all happened very fast and walking back to the dressing room, he did not want to be rude but could not look up when he was shaking hands because he was in tears and did not want anyone to see his face that way.
Sachin gave a very emotional farewell speech at the end of his last Test, which was played in Mumbai at the Wankhede.
He made an impressive 74 in his last innings, but missed out on a century, contrary to the hopes of millions of Indian cricket fans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report