Sachin says `knowing he would never bat again for India` brought tears in his eyes
London: Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar has revealed that when he went out on the wicket for the last time, he was really emotional and could not control the tears knowing that he will never again have a cricket bat in his hand playing for India.
According to the BBC, Tendulkar disclosed that it all happened very fast and walking back to the dressing room, he did not want to be rude but could not look up when he was shaking hands because he was in tears and did not want anyone to see his face that way.
Sachin gave a very emotional farewell speech at the end of his last Test, which was played in Mumbai at the Wankhede.
He made an impressive 74 in his last innings, but missed out on a century, contrary to the hopes of millions of Indian cricket fans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days