Sachin Tendulkar arrives in Mussoorie after retirement
Dehradun: Sachin Tendulkar, who announced his retirement from the international cricket, today arrived in Mussoorie, about 20 kms from here, to spend a quiet vacation with his family.
The legendary batsman, accompanied by wife Anjali, headed straight for the hill station soon after landing at Jollygrant Airport, in a chartered plane here, airport authority officials said.
Tendulkar would be staying at a family friend and business partner Sanjay Narang`s hotel in Mussoorie.
Tendulkar had spent a few days in Mussoorie last year also after announcing his retirement from the ODI cricket.
The master blaster used to visit this hill station along with his family to celebrate Christmas and the New Year.
Tendulkar brought the curtains down on his glittering career after playing his final and 200th Test last week against the West Indies.
He bowed out as the most successful batsman in international cricket with 15,921 runs in 200 Tests. In his ODI career, the Mumbaikar amassed 18,426 runs in 463 matches.
Tendulkar is the only batsman in international cricket to score 100 centuries. He was the first batsman to get a double hundred in one-dayers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah