Sachin Tendulkar asks selectors to take a call on his career: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Keeping in mind his consistent failures with the bat, Sachin Tendulkar is reportedly said to have spoken to the selectors about taking a call on his career.
As per a report in Hindustan Times, the Little Master spoke with the selectors as they met to decide the team for remaining two Tests against England. The 39-year-old is said to have had a separate discussion with chief selector Sandeep Patil on Tuesday. The reports also say that the selectors asked him to continue playing.
However, the Indian Cricket Board has claimed it is unaware of any talks between Tendulkar and national selectors on his future.
Ever since he scored the much-awaited 100th ton against Bangladesh earlier this year, Tendulkar hasn’t been in the best of form and critics had questioned his footwork in the home Test series India played against New Zealand. He was bowled in most of the innings and clearly lacked confidence.
Tendulkar has been struggling in the ongoing series against England as well. He scored 8 runs in both the innings at Wankhede Stadium, his home ground in the second Test.
The batting stalwart who is eight short of becoming the first cricketer to play 200 Tests, has not reached the three-figure-mark since the Cape Town match against South Africa in January 2011. Since then, he has played 15 Tests, and 28 innings, without a century.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?