Sachin Tendulkar dedicates Bharat Ratna to mother
Mumbai: After becoming the first sportsperson to be conferred with the Bharat Ratna, Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday dedicated the country`s highest civilian honour to his mother Rajni.
In a fitting finale to what has been a glorious career, batting maestro Tendulkar was today chosen for the prestigious Bharat Ratna.
And according to news channel, Tendulkar dedicated the honour to his mother.
The 40-year-old icon, who called time on his glittering international career today, was chosen for the top award soon after his farewell Test against the West Indies ended here today.
Tendulkar`s mother was also in attendance as he brought the curtain down on his glorious international career spanning over two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'