Sachin Tendulkar dedicates Bharat Ratna to mother
Mumbai: After becoming the first sportsperson to be conferred with the Bharat Ratna, Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday dedicated the country`s highest civilian honour to his mother Rajni.
In a fitting finale to what has been a glorious career, batting maestro Tendulkar was today chosen for the prestigious Bharat Ratna.
And according to news channel, Tendulkar dedicated the honour to his mother.
The 40-year-old icon, who called time on his glittering international career today, was chosen for the top award soon after his farewell Test against the West Indies ended here today.
Tendulkar`s mother was also in attendance as he brought the curtain down on his glorious international career spanning over two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal