Sachin Tendulkar dedicates Bharat Ratna to mother
Mumbai: After becoming the first sportsperson to be conferred with the Bharat Ratna, Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday dedicated the country`s highest civilian honour to his mother Rajni.
In a fitting finale to what has been a glorious career, batting maestro Tendulkar was today chosen for the prestigious Bharat Ratna.
And according to news channel, Tendulkar dedicated the honour to his mother.
The 40-year-old icon, who called time on his glittering international career today, was chosen for the top award soon after his farewell Test against the West Indies ended here today.
Tendulkar`s mother was also in attendance as he brought the curtain down on his glorious international career spanning over two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks