Sachin Tendulkar dedicates Bharat Ratna to mother
Mumbai: After becoming the first sportsperson to be conferred with the Bharat Ratna, Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday dedicated the country`s highest civilian honour to his mother Rajni.
In a fitting finale to what has been a glorious career, batting maestro Tendulkar was today chosen for the prestigious Bharat Ratna.
And according to news channel, Tendulkar dedicated the honour to his mother.
The 40-year-old icon, who called time on his glittering international career today, was chosen for the top award soon after his farewell Test against the West Indies ended here today.
Tendulkar`s mother was also in attendance as he brought the curtain down on his glorious international career spanning over two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'