Sachin Tendulkar dedicates Bharat Ratna to mother
Mumbai: After becoming the first sportsperson to be conferred with the Bharat Ratna, Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday dedicated the country`s highest civilian honour to his mother Rajni.
In a fitting finale to what has been a glorious career, batting maestro Tendulkar was today chosen for the prestigious Bharat Ratna.
And according to news channel, Tendulkar dedicated the honour to his mother.
The 40-year-old icon, who called time on his glittering international career today, was chosen for the top award soon after his farewell Test against the West Indies ended here today.
Tendulkar`s mother was also in attendance as he brought the curtain down on his glorious international career spanning over two decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'